EMPACT workshop/seminar: “Circular Economy, Green Technologies and Empathy in Artistic Practices”
“Circular Economy, Green Technologies and Empathy in Artistic Practices”
Three-day interactive workshop, with a certificate upon completion
When? 9-10-11 June 2023: 10.00am-1.00pm & 2.15pm-5.45pm
Where? Sofia, National Academy of Theatre and Film Arts “Kr. Sarafov”
We are pleased to invite you to participate in our third interactive and creative seminar/workshop in the framework of the innovative European project EMPACT – Empathy and Sustainability: The Art of Thinking like a Mountain, co-funded by the EU Creative Europe Programme.
We, the National Academy of Theatre and Film Arts “Kr. Sarafov”, member of the EMPACT consortium, organise this seminar in collaboration with our colleagues from the WWF Bulgaria and the Institute for Circular Economy.
If you are passionate about the environment, nature and the arts; if you are an ecologist, eco-activist, artist, arts manager, cultural professional, researcher, educator, or student, join us! The seminar has a limited number of participants: to reserve your place, please register here: https://forms.gle/UDQ5H64SA1Vu5dzp9 (please open with Chrome web browser).
We offer this seminar because we care for nature, we are inspired by the environmental practices and circular economy principles and methods that are applied in diverse areas. We aim at fostering an empathic stance towards human and non-human beings and nature by sharing and discussing diverse artistic practices from Bulgaria and other countries. We have prepared a rich three-day program, full of interactive discussions and creative workshops with talented artists and prominent colleagues, working in the field of environment, nature, empathy and the arts. Some of the workshop moderators are our former students from diverse Master programs at NATFIZ. Here are the moderators/presenters and topics of the workshops:
- Marina Mihailova & Niya Nedelcheva: Protecting Nature through the Art
- Diana Dobreva-Hristova: Actor’s empathy and psychological well-being in the “Life-stage-life” cycle”: Difficulties or opportunities to grow.
- Radko Kovachev & Asen Nenov: See Circular! Feel Circular! Act Circular!
- Stefan Zarev & Maria Panayotova: Acting for inner and outer balance: exercises for connecting with nature, dealing with problems, consequences of the disturbed balance.
- Paolina Popova: I see I move, I feel through nature: exercises related to motor/ physical speech and movement as a way to communicate, through creativity.
- Mila Stoeva: Eco-art: making art installations from waste materials, especially from plastic.
- Yana Dzharova-Karakoleva: Plastic “Bloom”: focus on how waste plastic materials can interact with nature.
- Krasimira Ivanova & Marina Nikolova: Animation in support of our shared future: making a stop-motion animation film.
- Dr. Ralitsa Kovacheva-Bejan: The power of creativity for environmental protection (vibration, sound, thoughts, words, inspiration, empathy, awareness).
Please find the full program of the seminar here
For additional information, the full program by sessions, or questions about the seminar: please contact Prof. Dr. Lidia Varbanova. Join EMPACT social media and keep updated about empathy and sustainability through the arts: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube.
Co-funded by the European Union. Views and opinions expressed are however those of the author(s) only and do not necessarily reflect those of the European Union or the European Education and Culture Executive Agency (EACEA). Neither the European Union nor EACEA can be held responsible for them.