Welcome to the National Academy for Theatre and Film Arts (NATFA)
NATFA is the most popular institution for Theatre and Film Arts Education in Bulgaria, situated in the heart of the capital city named Sofia. NATFA is training around 650 students and has around 85 full time professors. The Academy Teaching Staff are known for their high artistic achievements both in the country and abroad. Their teaching is informed by their rich professional experience, and they aspire to develop curricula and programs which meet the individual needs of the students and enable them to form their own creative and methodological approaches.
NATFA received the official Erasmus charter awarded under the Erasmus+ programme from the Education, Audiovisual and Culture Executive Agency (EACEA) . Please see the Erasmus charter here
- Using ERASMUS, you can take a study period at the NATFA. Erasmus offers financial support to study at our university (please check with your university for details on the study grant);
- The study period is one or two semesters;
- Courses successfully followed here will be recognized by your university based on the European Credit Transfer System (ECTS). Available courses at NATFA and number of credits assigned to each, are available below:
Master of Arts
FOR TEACHING STAFF:
Using ERASMUS, you can teach at the NATFA
- Erasmus offers financial support to teach at our university (please check with your university for details);
- The teaching period is usually one week (minimum 8 teaching hours over a period of maximum 6 weeks);
- Please contact our Erasmus Coordinators to discuss all the academic details: erasmus.natfa @gmail.com
FOR ADMINISTRATIVE STAFF
Should you be interested in visiting our academy, please contact us: see Erasmus Contacts
I WAS SELECTED BY MY UNIVERSITY. WHAT NOW ?
Fill, sign, scan & send documents by e-mail to email@example.com and original documents send by post to NATFA (look at “erasmus contacts”)
3. NATFA Nomination: after you send us your Applications documents we have one month to get decision and nominate Erasmus Students for our academy and to send them the Acceptance Letter (see here)
Deadlines (application& NATFA nomination):
• Winter Semester (September 15th to mid-February)
Application May 15th & Results June 15th
• Summer Semester (mid of February – end of June)
Application November 15th & Results December 15th
Accommodation: All Erasmus students can be accommodated at reasonable prices in its special Dormitory situated on the premises of the Sofia Students’ Campus. The campus never stops living and its infrastructure includes sports’ facilities, a wide variety of restaurants, recreational and entertainment canters, a specialized polyclinic hospital, shopping areas, children playgrounds and nursery-schools, low-price students’ diners and a convenient transport network.
Incoming & Outgoing mobilities: Krasimira Ivanova (tel. +359 9231 231), Yana Dzharova – Karakoleva (+359 9231 233)
Institutional Coordinator: Iliana Dimitrova (tel+359 9231 211)
National Academy for Theatre and Film Arts
International Relations Office
Hope you will have a fruitful and unforgettable stay here.